Ever heard the saying I would die for you?!
The only person, who did this for everyone was Jesus. He died, that was his last physical act of love on this earth.
But if we take a look back, it didn't start with dying for us, it started with him, joining family. He came joined a family as an act of love for me, for you, for all of us.
If we want to be like Christ it's not just about saying I would die for you, but it's saying I love you to be in community with you, I love you, I want to spend time with you, I want you to know me. I want to know you, I want relationship with you.
Christ, clearly cares about community, he had 12 people who followed him, slept and ate with him. It is important to him!
So for you to be a Christ follower, being in community is something he did when he came to this earth.
Before he even came to earth he was in community with himself. But for those of us who are still trying to understand that, here he did it in a physical understandable way for me and for you!
God calls us to be in community.
(this is a thought in process, I want to know more, but this came across my mind durning something I was in this morning.) Give me your thoughts your biblical refrences, I would love to hear what others have to say!
Great perspective! Well said! Never thought of it quite like this. Much to ponder....and share with others :)
ReplyDelete